Monday, November 29, 2010

Breakfast

Every position I've ever held has had a day shift. However, since January, I've worked an afternoon/evening shift. I did like it at first but have grown to almost hating it recently. The one thing I am enjoying about a later day is not feeling guilty about my lack of defined food choices like breakfast foods for breakfast, etc.

I love have dinner things for breakfast, like pizza and breakfast things for dinner, like pancakes or just oatmeal for lunch. I've always been weird like that but I now have an excuse with my unfair schedule.

Today's breakfast has been a regular for a while. I love kale and love having it every chance I get (wish mashed potatoes, as 'chips').




This breakfast consisted of:

2c steamed kale
1/4c brown rice
5 halved grape tomatoes
1/4 zucchini
a few broccoli florets
1tbs olive oil
1tbs siracha

I love siracha and it really is great this time of year to warm you up. Obviously any veggie combo will do nicely but I find the tomatoes and kale are key. Sometimes I throw a scrambled egg into the mix and its like a mini spicy fried rice for breakfast...which is totally my kind of breakfast!



On a non-breakfast related note, I've lost my motivation and willpower and I'm thinking of putting up want ads for them as they have been gone for 2 months and they're departure is taking its toll. I miss you guys, come back!


(Photo cred: Google Images)

No comments: