Tuesday, February 1, 2011

New and old

I love yoga.

I have loved yoga for a long time. But I have a deep infatuation, almost obsession with any form of yoga in a heated room.

I'll admit it, I am naturally sweaty. The thought of being in an environment that welcomes that is a-ok in my book.

Since leaving Montreal and my beloved Moksha studio on St-Laurent, I have been on the hunt for a replacement. I have tried the Moksha studio closest to me in Toronto (which is lovely) but it just wasn't making the sweaty cut. I wanted more heat and I wanted more intensity, and then Tula entered into my life.

I remember my sister telling me about this great yoga studio close to her when I lived in Ottawa and being insanely jealous as Ottawa's idea of a heated studio is some sun shining in the window...



*Photo from Tula site


Off to Tula Central I went last Saturday for my first class. With my SIL (sister-in-law) in tow, we discovered the amazingness that is Tula. The studio itself is beautiful, and the heat is PLENTIFUL. We attended a 75 min Hot Hatha class and it was wonderful. The teacher was great, the atmosphere great, and I really can't find anything bad to say about it. I knew I would be back...

And so I was only 5 days later, this time with my sister and ready for a Hot Power Flow class. The class was even better than the Hot Hatha. It was so intense, I thought I was going to be sick. Needless to say, by the time I got home, I was already planning my next visit!

If you live in Toronto, I highly recommend Tula. I have only been to the Central location but my trigger finger is about to click purchase on a 10-class package!



*Photo found on blogto


On a completely un-yoga related note, but definitely tying in with the 'old' portion of this title, pupcakes.

Yes you read that word correctly. I love baking and why not bake for one of the great loves of my life? I've been baking these for a long, long time.

The recipe is modified from this recipe

Frost's Favourite Pupcakes

1 egg
1/4c all natural, crunchy peanut butter
1 individual container of all natural apple sauce
1tsp vanilla extract
1c finely diced carrots
1tsp baking soda
1c flour (you can use white or whole wheat)

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
I like to use a mini ice cream scoop and fill a mini muffin pan with batter.
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes


No comments: